Sunday, January 15, 2012

Restaurant Review: 369 Shanghai Dim Sum




So for my first restaurant that I'm going to review is 3×6×9 Shanghai Dim Sum located near Kennedy and Highway 7. It’s been a long time since I've paid a visit there, but this was not a visit on purpose. I guess I was just craving for some rice cakes so I figured to just head there, knowing that they probably will have some.

The restaurant is not a place where you’ll get actual dim sum like cha siu buns, despite the name.  It’s more of a small Chinese family restaurant where you can get dishes to share with. This wasn’t a problem for me, but the menu was all in Chinese. I’m not sure if they have an English one but it might be a risk to go in without anyone knowing how to read Chinese.

TS and I got 4 dishes:



















Siu Long Bao
The Siu Long Bao were very delicious. It was filled with juice and the skin was very thin, just how a good siu long bao should be. There were two other flavours available, crab miso and dried scallops. This was the original flavour and also the cheapest.




















Shanghai Stir-Fried Rice Cakes
When the dish arrived, I was surprised to see that the food was relatively white. There had been countless times when I had the same dish in other places where they added quite a bit of soy sauce during cooking. This was quite light in flavour which suits me as often all I can taste was soy sauce in other places.




















Salty Sticky Rice
I didn’t have high hopes for this but I’m really glad we ordered this. The Sticky Rice is very delicious and I finished my half in a few minutes. A sweet option was also available for this.



















Sitr-Fried Vegetables with Bean Paste and Chilli
I was quite disappointed with this one. The veggies were not all peeled so occasionally I would get a big chunk of veggie with the stem of it. Also, I expected a bit more of the bean paste to stand out, but most of what I got was garlic flavours. I would probably not order this again.


Overall:
I would visit this restaurant again, but I would probably only order their dim sum dishes. The food was very nice, and the price for it was quite cheap. Service was average, nothing that made me rage but nothing that I can compliment on. I would recommend going with a group of friends as they do have a variety of starters and dim sum dishes so everyone can have a taste of everything.

(5 as highest)
Food: ©©©©
Service: ÖÖÖ
Price: $$
Re-visit? Yes

3×6×9 Shanghai Dim Sum
8380 Kennedy Road
Markham, ON L3R 0W4
(905) 305-7713

No comments:

Post a Comment